British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
British Columbia or La Columbie Britannique is the westernmost of the Canadian provinces,
distinguished by its strong liberal views. Its geographical location as the Asia-Pacific
gateway resulted in the settlement of the province by the people of Asian descent,
making it one of the most diverse and multicultural areas of the Western North America
as well as helping trade, cultural and diplomatic relations with Asia-Pacific.
If you are a talented worker or an investor, you have an opportunity to seek immigration
through BC PNP (British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program). It is a fast-track
alternative to the Federal Immigration programs to Canada. Essentially, the PNP
allows the provinces to pick up certain skilled workers who are contributors to
the economy and ‘nominate’ them for immigration to the Federal Government.
There are twofold benefits of the prospect to participate under PNP. One, there
are certain candidates who would not qualify under Federal Programs but would qualify
under PNP. Secondly, the processing time is much faster.
There are two programs running under this proposal:
Our experts are always ready to assist you in detail with your queries on immigration.
Please feel free to contact us at your convenience.
- Business Program
This program is applicable on the entrepreneurs who wish to invest and run a business
in British Columbia. The eligible candidates will be expected to establish a business
in the province which is profitable and beneficial to the economy of the province.
The basic qualifying parameters include the following:
- Core intention of the enterprise should be to draw profits by the supply of product/services
- It must be apparent that the enterprise is commercially viable.
- The enterprise must be able to actively contribute to the provincial economy by
the means of the following:
- escalating the overseas trade of goods/services;
- escalating BC tourism;
- escalating research and development and technology commercialization;
- creating innovative approaches to traditional businesses;
- servicing an underserved regional market;
- transferring competence, technology, and knowledge to the province;
- Succession plan takeovers where eligible businesses are purchased from retiring
- Strategic Occupation and International Students
All skilled occupations under the National Occupational Classification codes 0,
A and B as well as select Entry Level and semi-skilled occupations in tourism/hospitality,
food processing, and long-haul truck drivers are eligible to apply under this program.
There are 5 categories for this program - Skilled Workers, International Graduates,
International Post Graduates Pilot Project, Designated Health Professional, Entry
Level and Semi Skills. The basic qualifying parameters for this program include
- - The candidate must wish to settle in British Colombia
- - The candidate must have the capability to financially establish himself in British
- - If the candidate is living in Canada and has a legal immigration status, he must
maintain it and must not be a subject to a removal order.
- - ThThe candidate must have an refugee claim in force